No, no, no..... a full cavity search would DEFINATELY slow the pace of the story! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-tf084.proxy.aol.com on February 02, 2001 at 02:03:33:

In Reply to: speaking of which posted by Inby on February 01, 2001 at 16:48:58:

: I'd always found it amusing that Indy could wreak havoc in the streets of Cairo without getting "wrestled to the ground" by the local cops or an angry mob.
: I mean, here's this gringo running around screaming, pushing people to the ground, dumping their clean (?) laundry into the mud and dung in the streets, shooting left and right, causing trucks to veer out of control and explode right in the crowded suq...
: and then he gets to just calmly mosey over to a tavern and have a quiet melancholy drink.
: If the "Raiders Special Edition" ever DOES come out, with new footage, I anticipate some lengthy scenes with Indy being interviewed by the cops, filling out reams of paperwork at the US embassy, having Marcus wire money to pay for damages, getting a court date from the Egyptian magistrate, etc.
: "Suspension of disbelief", indeed! I could believe in an ancient Ark full of flying ghosts before I could believe that Indy wouldn't be thrown into a crappy Cairo jail for a few dozen years!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]