The latest scoop on Indy figures at Disney

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix4-29.essex1.com on February 03, 2001 at 12:57:13:

I received the dreaded call yesterday that my order of an Indiana Jones 4" action figure would not be fulfilled until June. I called back today, since I placed my order over two weeks ago and the representative who took my call insisted that there were some available and thought that should be worth something. Of course, it is not. I believe I talked to a Richard. He said that they never anticipated it selling so quickly and asked if I had learned of it on the internet. He said my order would be fulfilled, but not till June. He also mentioned that people working at the Disney parks are upset that this information got out on the internet because it sold out all the merchandise that was meant for people visiting the park. Richard himself thought that was a ridiculous thing to say since they are still making money no matter who buys it, but Disney would prefer having its visiting guests leaving with exclusive merchandise. So according to Richard, DISNEY WILL NO LONGER TAKE ANY ORDERS FOR INDIANA JONES FIGURES OVER THE PHONE. He said they will fulfill all the orders taken beforehand, but that they are now not allowed to take any orders for Indy over the phone. I am sure most of you already have the figures so you are safe, but I thought I should pass this along anyhow. Now I can't be sure he was just saying this so that I wouldn't be really mad about my order being suddenly backordered, but he did say twice that we can no longer order them over the phone.

In addition, I ordered the motorcycle set which is supposed to come in within the next week or two now.

Sucks. Hope they change their mind cause business is business no matter who buys it. I can understand their point, but looks like we get the bad end of this deal. Hope everyone already got theirs though or placed an order early enough to get one in June.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]