I'm not sure what will help.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from indyfan.com on February 05, 2001 at 09:42:12:

In Reply to: WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO..... posted by Eager to do something to get toys avalible to Indy fans on February 05, 2001 at 01:22:36:

:
: Im sorry, but If were just going to sit on our butts', were not going to get the toys, that US, of ALL people, deserve the most. We should take action, and even if that means getting everyone who posts at this board and their friends to send letters the the heads of Disney, demanding that they make their profit.

In general, dollars carry more weight than email. If they don't respond to an obvious source of profit, I don't know what our emails are going to convince them of... that their is a demand? I think they already know that. The only point that they might not have considered is the scalper effect.

I tried calling the Disney World order line to get some insight into the situation and maybe provide some if I could get a supervisor on the phone. When I called, however, the operator said that the motorcycle and airplane were available for backorder. This doesn't sound like someone who has banned Indy mail order sales. The 4" figure was not available. The date for these figures keeps moving, April, May, June... She said they would never be available, even in the distant future. Now, maybe that's just the story they are telling to keep us away from the figures, or they don't take backorders that won't be fulfilled for a very long time, or we bought up all the figures and they aren't making any more. Who knows?

--Micah

P.S. Note, all my contact has been through Disney World. I have never spoken to Disneyland's operators. The contact page posted by "Eager" is for Disneyland.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]