Has Indy 4 Already Been Released?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Danny from host-216-78-21-144.cae.bellsouth.net on February 05, 2001 at 17:35:38:

This is what happened. I went to the video store because I started thinking about how sometimes a movie gets released and ya don't here much about it. I thought, "What if this is the case with Indy 4, and that is why no one ever heard anything more about it?" I talked with the girl behind the counter, and this was her response:

Female: We have the video game.

Me: Is it based on Indy 4?

Female: I dunno. Do you want to rent it?

Me: No, I asked you about Indy 4.

Female: Sorry.

As you can see, she totally tried to change the subject! I pretended I didn't know what she was doing, and tried to avoid the security cameras as much as I could. I spent some time looking over the ACTION titles, then approached her again.

Female: Are you ready to check out?

I ducked behind the DVD aisle, and acted like I was looking at "Chill Factor". I collected myself, then tried again. She was blowing me off and listening to someone who was returning a tape, so I leaned over the counter.

Me: Are you willing to talk with me now?

Female2: I can check you out over here, sir.

Me: Excuse me...excuse me...

Female: Yes, are you ready to check out now?

Me: Hi. We spoke earlier...about Indy 4.

Female: Um, yes.

Me: What can you tell me?

Female: We have several copies of the game in, if that's what you're interested in.

Me: Look, I already have the game on my computer! So I don't exactly need to rent it, do I?

Female: Well, the game is all we have at the moment. Although I believe we have the first 3 films in stock, if you'd like one of those.

Me: Listen, I have SEVERAL copies of those films in my collection! Why would I rent one that probably doesn't even have the Diet Coke commercial before Crusade? Do you even know about that commercial?

Female: Well, that's all we have. Sorry.

Well, that's it for now, but as you can see, this girl seemed like she was trying to cover up for someone. (Could this have anything to do with Disney? I didn't think so at first, but now I can't be sure.) I'm going back next week and hopefully the manager will be there to clear this up.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]