Point well taken, and a bit of clarification...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on February 06, 2001 at 13:58:42:

In Reply to: Theoretically yes... posted by Micah on February 06, 2001 at 13:51:46:

: : :
: : : Didn't Indy come out on Laserdisc back in the day? I wonder what kind of picture quality one would have if they put that into mpeg format on disk?

: : As I understand it, the Laserdisc format is very comparable (if not superior) to the DVD format. Burn a CD from a Laserdisc?

: Unfortunately, the source medium isn't where the problem is. It's the final product. Although possible, I don't think the economics of making an actual DVD as opposed to a VCD are there to promote this kind of piracy. The drive, software, and media involved in making a DVD are very expensive right now. Maybe after Compaq and Apple start putting Superdrives (DVD-R burners) in all their computers we might start seeing Indy knockoff DVDs, but not yet. I hope they get legit DVDs out before that happens.

: --Micah

I would never recommend copying any medium for anything other than personal use. Lucasfilms has good lawyers and deep pockets. Personally, I'd not have a problem moving a copy I owned to another medium, but piracy is taking money somebody else has earned.

I'm off my soapbox.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: