Agreed on all points...(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on February 06, 2001 at 14:47:02:

In Reply to: My clarification... posted by Micah on February 06, 2001 at 14:35:58:

:
: : I would never recommend copying any medium for anything other than personal use. Lucasfilms has good lawyers and deep pockets. Personally, I'd not have a problem moving a copy I owned to another medium, but piracy is taking money somebody else has earned.

: : I'm off my soapbox.

: I agree wholeheartedly. I hope my comments weren't misconstrued as an endorsement of piracy. I was just assessing the reality of the situation. There will be pirating and the fact is that any Indy DVD you may get from ebay or any other source is illegal (VCD's might have some licensing agreement, I don't know). But beyond its illegality, there are many other reasons not to buy this trash (which I've argued probably isn't an actual DVD). Now, if you buy the top of the line Mac or Compaq with Superdrive (at $3500 plus DVD Studio Pro for $999 with media at $10/disc) and transfer all your Laserdiscs to DVD for personal use and the convenience of tossing your LD player, more power to you.

: --Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]