Re: Would you be here given Tom Selleck, and who in the past (30s to 70s) could've done Indy?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gary from 157.22.206.232 on September 15, 1998 at 20:03:21:

In Reply to: Would you be here given Tom Selleck, and who in the past (30s to 70s) could've done Indy? posted by Mithrandir on September 14, 1998 at 20:38:32:

: Highdely-ho, Indy fans. Thing #1) Would you be here praising Tom Selleck were he Indy instead of Ford (rules!!!)? And Thing #2) If the Indy concept were brought to light some-odd decades ago, who could've made it possible? A sore thumb for a forties-fifties Indy would be John Wayne maybe. Who'd have directed him/the other Indy?

I think I would still like the Indy series and would still collect Indy artifacts. And yes I do believ that Tom Selleck would have done a good job as I like most of his movies a good sample is "High Road To China" that I watch any time its on. Mr Ford may not have been a super star if Han Solo had not come his way. Do not get me wrong Mr. Ford plays Indy great but like Conary in the Bond series some times they can survive change as long as you have a good story , director and a good cast. Though the last Bond story went a little to far in some things.
Just a thought
Gary

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: