Re: About that Disney "Indy Jacket".

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stephen from hc-ras-05-p23.cle.qual.net on September 15, 1998 at 20:57:01:

In Reply to: About that Disney "Indy Jacket". posted by Fonte on September 15, 1998 at 08:12:59:

: I have been visiting this website fo almost a year now and it's very exciting to see all this enthusiasm regarding a favorite subject of mine. My wife is happy to see there are people as crazy if not crazier than me regarding collections! I was late in joining the Jones crowd because my head and money were trapped under the deck plates of the Millenium Falcon. It wasn't until L.C. that I realized Indy's jacket wasn't an A-2 bomber. Like others I became obsessed with aquiring one. Back in May 1989 the only way available was through the Lucasfilm Fan Club. Who knew of Wested then? In Issue #7 there was an editorial regarding collections. The "authorized" Jacket was produced by Cooper Sportswear made of "barrier cow distressed" leather. It cost $295.00 at that time. I ofcourse ordered one. After 13 weeks and two threatening letters to the fan club I received my jacket. For cow hide it was very soft. It came just in time for fall. Nine years later I still have that jacket. In 1995 I did see what Disney/MGM Studios was selling and believe me it's NOT the same quality as my jacket. It's darker, tougher and heavier not to mention more expensive! It looks like a completely different manufacturing run. I'm very happy about Wested selling the jacket in lampskin. Congrats and Good Luck to all who have bought one. For me I must wait. I have a three month old in daycare so my wife and I have no money for extras now. At least I have the old one! Regarding Indy's pants if your looking for an inexpensive cotton alternative Banana Republic sells a pair of pants(chinos) called the Smithfield. They have double pocket flaps and five or six colors. One of the browns is a good match. You'll just have to deal with a small black logo patch over the rear right pocket. They're also cuffed so get them in a longer inseam and alter them to fix it.They also have an 888 number to order a catalog or to locate a store:1-888-906-2800.Good fortune to all!

I purchased a Disney Indy jacket as soon as I heard about them (that
was three years ago) and thought it was great! I liked the fit and
it does very well in cold weather. Then I heard about the Wested
jacket two years ago and bought one as well. Like most everyone else
who has written about it in this forum, I love my Wested jacket and
wear it most everywhere. As for the Disney... my girlfriend wears it
now and looks fab in it.

Regards,
Stephen

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name: