The Indy whip that's up for auction proves my theory....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupB212.mpls.uswest.net on February 07, 2001 at 02:35:02:

I've always had a hunch that the whip Indy carried on his belt was never a 10-footer. Granted, I'm sure the whip he used in action scenes were probably 10-footers. But it's almost impossible that the one that hangs from his belt is 10 feet. I own a 10-foot David Morgan and it's just plain bigger than Indy's. I always felt that his was an 8, or maybe even a 6-footer.

The recent auction news of a movie-used whip proved this theory. The auction information says the whips is 7'9" long. Now I'm no whip expert, but I believe a whip's length, according to David Morgan, is measured from the knob at where the loop meets the handle, to the end of the braided part(not including the fall). So this would mean that the whip that's up for auction is a 6-footer, right?

Maybe that has something to do with all of our troubles regarding 10-footers sliding around when looped to the belt. Maybe Indy's 6-footer was a lot lighter and more manageable.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]