Re: The Indy whip that's up for auction proves my theory....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dr.Brody from spider-mtc-te011.proxy.aol.com on February 07, 2001 at 12:49:21:

In Reply to: Re: The Indy whip that's up for auction proves my theory.... posted by Shawnkara on February 07, 2001 at 10:48:40:

: Austin, I'd have to agree with you. Looking at my coiled-up Mark Allen 10-footer it clear that there is just too much whip there when compared to how Indy's whip looked on his belt. I've also wondered if the whip he carried on his belt was maybe a lighter weight; if you've ever ran with your whip on your belt you probably know there's no whip holder alive that won't pop open under the weight of a standard, quality whip. I've made several whip holders, even one that requires both hands to snap because the snap is so tight, and even this one will pop under the right circumstances. Some people have said that this whip was probably attached to the holder in some permanent fashion for stunts, but I think this would require too much trouble to change between scenes. You'd have to take off the belt, remove the holder and whip, replace it with an open holder.... it makes more sense to just switch the whips. As for the length, it looks like a six-footer to me on the auction listing. The stock on a DM is about eight inches, if I'm not mistaken. You can 'guess-timate' the length from that. Most people don't know how to measure a whip, though. They may have measured the total length, not knowing that the fall and cracker do not count.

: The Keppler whipholders use a special one way directional snap that will NOT pop open under pressure. Try one! Dr.Brody

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]