No, but I can tell you why I am scared to death of snakes...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from 168.9.41.100 on February 07, 2001 at 14:15:58:

In Reply to: Stupid Indy tricks? posted by Inbanana on February 07, 2001 at 13:17:32:

: Besides working on my 12 y.o. sleight of hand and delicacy of touch, inspired both by the "idol grab" and the opening scenes of "Return of the Pink Panther"... and hanging on like a fool to the back of a VW van driving through busy city streets when 26.... and barely escaping with my life when confronting artifact thieves in a crowded third world bar (truly one of my most stupid moments)... I've not done too many stupid Indy-inspired things.
: Well, there was that time I ate some weird food just to be polite...
: Any others have some tales of derring-do/life-threatening foolishness?

Growing up in southeast VERY rural Georgia, I was used to taking long walks in the woods at even the very young age of 6.
One day I was walking, was about a mile or so from my house, and was in the "thick" of the woods without even a b.b gun to guard myself.
As I tromped through the woods, I happened to look up in a tree I was grabbing ahold of and saw a rather LARGE snake on a branch in the tree.
I looked up at him, and he down at me, and I SWEAR he stuck his tongue out at me and JUMPED out of the tree onto my face!
I screamed (as any 6 year old would do) and threw the snake as hard as I could away from me, and then ran, screaming, at full speed the entire mile back to my house.
It took my mom 1/2 hour to even get me calmed down enough to tell her about it. A few months later my dad got me a b.b gun and I NEVER went in the woods without a gun of some sort ever again!

That is about my only Indy story...except a few bar fights in college and riding horses quite a bit.
Later ya'll!
Indydawg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: