Not this time.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on February 07, 2001 at 16:47:28:

In Reply to: You've been looking at the Swedish specialties catalogue again? posted by Fall Guy on February 07, 2001 at 16:33:57:

Actually I thought they were a waved pattern type applied traction sole, but then it's been a year or two since I read that information. I do remember that spray on stuff, and it still appears in tool catalogs I get at the house now and again. Not exactly a product that's a big seller here in South Central Tennessee. (grins) Regards. Michaelson

: In fact there is a Swedish (or was it Finnish) maker of a spray that can be applied to car tires and shoe soles. It will increase traction by a fair amount. That's not a joke!
: FG
: PS: There are also slip-on cleats... Watch out for the nice floor! ;)

: : : Yeah I live in Minnesota, so winter lasts about 6 months every year. Well today was the first time I wore my Aldens outside, and I was dissappointed. I slipped around like Kramer on rollerskates. Now I know it was a little icy out, but I was out earlier with tennis shoes on and had no problems at all. I realize there's no tread on the soles of Aldens at all, but how in the hell do business men walk around in smooth-bottomed shoes?

: : : Am I the only one who's had this problem?

: : : Austin Powers

: : If I recall correctly, I believe Allen White offered a application that can be put on the bottom of the soles that keep you from slipping for a moderate price. You may want to give him a holler and see if it's still available and for what price. Yes, they're pretty slick on icy surfaces, but with the neoprene soles, suprisingly solid on slick surfaces such as wet concrete and such. As to the business men walking....I don't recall the last time I've ever seen one of them. (grins) Regards. Michaelson
: :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]