Dry conditions are preferable! Wet wood is almost like ice.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0603.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on February 07, 2001 at 19:34:41:

In Reply to: Another Alden inquiry.... posted by Austin Powers on February 07, 2001 at 19:17:03:

I have no problems at all on gravel (hiking trails/uphill and downhill), or on solid rock as long as it's dry. Wet asphalt seems okay, wet concrete is a liability, just like wet grass. It's more of a dry dirt boot... ;)
FG

: Okay, I'm glad to see that others have experienced the "grease-lightnin"-soled Aldens during the winter months. Makes me feel like less of a Gomer.

: But I have another question for you all. I have yet to wear my Aldens during the non-snowy months, so how are the Aldens in other slippery conditions? How would they be in dew-soaked grass, loose-graveled roads, rain-slicked cement slopes, or any other condition that could be imagined?

: If you remember in the "Temple of Doom" Indy slipped pretty easily right before whipping the elephant nose to swing down to where the Sankara Stones were.

: Austin Powers
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: