Re: Odd Dream I Had About Sallah!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alessandro Nascimento Milhiolo from huble.inatel.br on September 16, 1998 at 10:22:07:

In Reply to: Odd Dream I Had About Sallah! posted by Ultraman Tiga on February 19, 1998 at 02:07:51:

: I had this odd dream the other night after my 'Swan Song' Post.

: In the dream, I was getting excited because of the hype building up for a Lucasfilm produced TV-movie that was supposed to be a direct spinoff from the original 'Raiders' film - starring John Rhys Davies!
: I was even reading the TV GUIDE close-up-blurb, and the film was to be called "Sallah: The Quest Continues". The blurb excited how the storyline would start as a direct continuation of 'Raiders', and then begin springing into Sallah's later, somewhat-wackier, milder adventures, and how thrilling it was that John Rhys Davies was returning to the role he last essayed at Disneyland (apparently the film was also to infuse a little of that into the story)! In some of the pictures that went along with it, a very trim and fit John Rhys Davies was in the 'Last Crusade' outfit and on the set of an Egyptian tomb, but made very cheesy and colorful (like the Disney stuff) in order to reflect the more comical nature of the film! The idea was that by film's end, Sallah would be wondering what Indy was up to and goes off to meet with him and ends on a 'to be continued' note.

: Before the film (on ABC, naturally)there was to be a retrospective on the character of Indiana Jones showing clips from the movies and TV show, and talking about things like the Disney rides, the comics, the phenom, etc. Also, all this was being done convince Lucas himself there was still interest in the character (duh) and that a fourth movie should proceed filming!

: Anyway, that was all of it! Is it too bad this wasn't real, or should we consider ourselves lucky?

: TIGA

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]