Re: You learn more about jackets every day...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on February 08, 2001 at 18:26:18:

In Reply to: Re: You learn more about jackets every day... posted by Hoth on February 08, 2001 at 17:57:52:

: No offense to your hulkness, but shouldn't you have used a regular size jacket to give measurements off of? I always thought that regular men sizes ranged between 36 to around 42(or something like that) and anything bigger fell into special sizes(or custom more or less). Isn't that why they have special shops for bigger people like Big&Tall? I just don't see how they could get accurate measurements from 2X or 3X jackets to accomodate the normal fit for standard sizes. This could be why the excess roominess and different sleeve length showed up in the FS.

: Mark

I'm not sure what I would take offense at?

Actually, they took measurements and then asked what size suit I take. I take a 48 Long. What I did not tell them was that after we start with a 48 Long, they charge me $400-$500 for alterations. These alterations begin with ripping the back of the jacket and taking about 1 inch outE of the shoulder to shoulder measurement along the back - leaving the room in the front chest alone. They also rip the seam up the sides and taper the torso to fit a 36 inch waist. This was my fault for not telling them, and I've never really known anything else, as this is how I've always had to have suits done. Maybe the rest of you are used to a bit more room in your suits than I am? Man, I'm just glad I do not have to wear them anymore!

Anyway, I made the point that this particular jacket needs to be cut a bit trimmer than they do their A2's. They have takn that to heart, but it is something the buyer needs to know when calling them.

Does this make sense?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: