I think you may be ok...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on February 08, 2001 at 18:40:39:

In Reply to: Re: You learn more about jackets every day... posted by Krunch on February 08, 2001 at 17:45:22:

:
: : First, anybody out there notice they had a lot of room in their Flight Suit jacket?

: YES! This was noticeable right away when I got my size 38T jacket way back in November. It felt like a size 42 or 44 (For comparison, I have an Avirex A-2, size 38R. In the chest it fits me perfectly when wearing just a shirt).

: I understand what FS tried to do here, but I disagree with their decision. I mean, if I'm a size 38, and I want to buy a jacket that I can wear with a sweater, it should be *my* decision to go up a size or two, not the manufacturer. It appears that FS made this decision for me, and it has thrown off my ability to get a properly fitting jacket from them, as I'm currently waiting for my third jacket from FS!

: So now I'm concerned. Currently, I have on order a size 36R. The 2nd jacket I received from them was a 36T, so I know that a size 36 fit me *when I wore it in December*. I also know that this 3rd jacket is going to be based on patterns incorporating the recently announced design changes - so will a size 36 still fit me? Or am I going to have to go back up to a size 38?

: I guess I'm just going to have to call FS and talk directly to this Dave Marshall fellow. He is the right guy to talk to about this, right? What's the best way to get hold of him?

: Oh well, here's hoping I won't have to order a 4th jacket....

: Krunch

They have agreed to take the waist in, while leaving the rest of the sizing as is. The alterations we came up with really do hide the ease - 90% in the way the bi-swing pleat hangs and functions. Isn't that how it ought to be?

They will not be making or shipping anything until the new prototype is done, and Lee Keppler is supposed to be seeing that. I've not kept up with them in the last few days because of work, and I'll be on vacation next week. I'm told I'll have a jacket the week I'm back. Once I say it looks good, they will begin filling orders again.

The point really is - this jacket may have a bit more room than a Wested. We've always recommended going up a size with the Wested if you want to ever wear more than a thin shirt with it, or if you've ever even thought of lifting a barbell. If this is the case, the standard sizing on the FS ought to be fine. If not, you may want to entertain going down a size.

The peculiarities of my frame and musculature lead me to go down a size. I have the shoulder girdle (skeletal structure) of a 42, but measure 48 inches. I'm a genetic freak, and I've learned to live with it. It's the cost of benching in the 450 lb range. Before anybody freaks out about that, rest assured they are basing mine off custom measurements, which I paid for.

Oh, well...

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: