Cross stitched pockets and Wested quality in general

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Smith from 209.37.101.212 on February 10, 2001 at 12:26:15:

In Reply to: How many people's Wested straps aren't cross-stitched at the handwarmers? posted by Shawnkara on February 10, 2001 at 00:09:09:

Mine were not cross stitched either. Very poor workmanship. I had them reinforced. Plus, both pockets of mine ripped at the edge when putting things in. Had that fixed too. Also put in elastic to support the pleat because it never worked. In addition to that, had to taper in the waist so it didn't bulge out when I cinced in the straps. To cap that all off, the liner was not attached properly, and I had to have some additional liner material put in so the jacket would hang properly.

If this wasn't from the original makers of the Indiana Jones jacket, I never would have bothered. I have never come out and said this before, but I really think Wested jackets are put together in a real slap-dash method, without much effort at quaility control, judging by my example. I think we all have blinders on about it because it was the same manufacturer of the original jackets.

Mine is fine now, after $200 or so in tailoring. If the Flight Suits jacket had been available back then, I never would have gotten the Wested. I should never have had to go to all that trouble to make the damm thing fit right and work right.

Did I mention how long it took to get the damm thing in the first place? You don't want to know.

The horror, the horror.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]