Holster and other thoughts

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on February 12, 2001 at 13:07:02:

In Reply to: someone answer some fedora/holster questions please. posted by yurik on February 12, 2001 at 00:28:47:

: If I'm uncomfortable ordering a $350 Johnson fedora, is the Stetson Temple a decent alternative or a poor choice? Also, exactly what does "choclate" brown mean when it comes to the ToD holster? It is a Webley correct? I've got my hands on an pristine 1917 holster. It's a very dark drown, yet retaining a red tint(as leather probably should). However, in the ToD film it almost looks black. So in conclusion: Is it a Webley? Is it so dark that it's almost black? Is is worth getting the real deal or a replica?

: Yurik

Without seeing it, that's tough to answer. If it's a full flap holster, more than likely it's a Webley holster, as the US version was only a half flap covering of the 1917 Smith and Colt. If it's in as good a shape as you say, and the price isn't outrageous, sure, it's correct for both the second and third movie. As to the fedora, I totally agree with Austin on the Miller choice, though the news that there may be a correct Indy type from Hats Direct soon would be enough to suggest not being in to big a hurry. The Akrubra is tough as nails, and about half the price of the Miller, and as high a quality a hat to boot. Something to consider. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]