Re: Flightsuits Jacket - Ready for Primetime?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on February 12, 2001 at 19:57:32:

In Reply to: Flightsuits Jacket - Ready for Primetime? posted by Baldwyn on February 12, 2001 at 18:36:59:

: Hi,

: I actually have clearance from my wife to get a Flightsuits jacket as my motorcycle jacket, and I was wondering if the new pattern was ready for me to order. I live in Northern California, so we do get rain, and I expect to wear this jacket during vacations where I expect it to get wet. So I'm thinking of avoiding the deerskin. But I want a sturdy jacket, and just wanted advice from the experts on what type of skin to go with.

: Thanks!

: Baldwyn

Just curious as to why you're eliminating deerskin? I just got off the phone with Dave Marshall a little while ago, asking him his recommendation regarding what treatment HE'D recommend for waterproofing the deerskin, and he recommends our good old, tried and true, standard Pecards leather dressing doing the trick. Now I KNOW Pecard's waterproof's leather, as I've applied to just about all my jackets and have worn them in driving rain, only to have the rain bead up and roll right off, so I can only imagine the same result with my deerskin. If the wet is the only consideration, then maybe with this suggested treatment, you may want to factor deerskin back in. Just a thought. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]