Re: Indy Radio Dramas and actors

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stearn from dval5.nque.com on December 31, 1997 at 20:16:10:

In Reply to: Re: Indy Radio Dramas and actors posted by Aragorn on December 31, 1997 at 19:32:37:

: :
: : :
: : : : For anyone who isn't familiar with them...

: : : : A while back, Lucasfilm released the STAR WARS Trilogy in the form of a series of radio dramas with Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams reprising their film roles (with the exception of the RETURN OF THE JEDI episodes, where only Daniels returned to his role as C3PO). They were broadcast first on Public Radio and then later released on both cassette and CD.

: : : : Wouldn't it be terrific if they did the same thing with the Indiana Jones trilogy? Listening to a half hour of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK every week on the radio would be terrific, and they could really expand on the stories. TEMPLE OF DOOM could definitely have a lot more added to it, maybe enough to somehow incorporate Brody into some of the episodes (before Indy leaves for Shanghai or after he returns from India) and explain Short Round's absense from the other adventures in more detail.

: : : : Anyone else agree with me?

: : HECK YES..THIS IS A FABULOUS IDEA !!!!!!!!!!
: : I HAVE TRIED TO MAKE MY OWN, MAYBE WE SHOULD WRITE
: : A LETTER TO NPR AND LUCASFILM ABOUT THAT IDEA.

: Perhaps if we got enough support on our side, Lucasfilm and National Public Radio would consider doing it. In the meantime, who do you think would be good in the roles? Doug Lee would be great for Indy, he did a terrific job in "Indy and the Fate of Atlantis" and I'd like to hear him in the part again. But what about the other characters?

: Aragorn

How about Perry King? It seems fitting that since Ford played both Han and Indy in the movies, King should portray both Han and Indy on the radio dramas.

Stearn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]