Re: I try to be, but what?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by yurik from 1Cust121.tnt5.columbia.sc.da.uu.net on February 13, 2001 at 20:43:10:

In Reply to: I try to be, but what? posted by Michaelson on February 13, 2001 at 12:49:45:

: : From what I hear, it's almost as if the Wested jacket isn't even wearable. Although I don't plan on wearing it regularly, should I be getting it from another manufacturer? I would really prefer the original, but I certainly don't want my investment destroyed. I'm certainly not a rich man, so I'm just trying to make a shrewd decision before ordering one. Also, it is adviseable to simply get a cowhide one instead of lambskin, just to be safe?

: : Yurik

I certainly wasn't accusing YOU of claiming they were unwearable. I was simply asking your opinion in light of the impressions I'm getting from the posts of others. Sorry if I came off presumptuous. However, thank you for your honest opinion on the cowhide.

Yurik

: Yurik, you'll have to explain this one. All Wested jackets are VERY wearable. Where did I ever give you the idea they weren't? Based on my experience, though, I'd suggest you at least consider the new finish cowhide, as the lambskin just isn't as durable as this new leather in my opinion, and after owning two different Wested lambskin versions over the years, his new finish cowhide is heads and shoulders above the lambskin in terms of durability, and is Peter's personal favorite as well, per Peter. Like I've ALWAYS said, go with what YOU want. It's your final opinion that counts, not mine. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]