The possible future for the next two years+

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Clark Savage Jr from 194.73.53.14 on February 14, 2001 at 07:57:52:

If the latest rumours about Indy IV are true, and here’s hoping they are, then I think the next two and a half years are going to be a busy time for us. If Indy IV starts production in Spring 2002 then Indy will be slated for a release either Christmas 2002 (unlikey as it will be going up against Lord of the Rings second chapter) and the previous movies have traditionally done well in Summer release dates.

So, in 2002 I think we will see an influx in Indy based merchandise being sold. I think we would definitely get expanded official soundtracks to Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. The DVD’s for the original three movies will get a release, after re-releases of the movies onto the big screen – the DVD’s would also most probably contain interviews and behind the scenes stuff for Indy IV. Possibly even teaser trailers or full trailers for the forthcoming movie (depending when the film is slated for release). A new series of novels might even be commissioned, quite possibly in hardback as prestige publications. Action figures would also be a distinct possibility – with an entire range from each movie from the major characters down to the Giant Sherpa etc.

It might mean that Lucasfilm would clamp down on things like Wested and the like because they’ll want to proliferate the market with licensed merchandise – but you never know.

Just some ramblings

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]