That WAS Porkins...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JuggleEwok from spider-wo011.proxy.aol.com on February 14, 2001 at 10:01:10:

In Reply to: Not really..... posted by Indy Coil on February 14, 2001 at 00:49:03:

: Julian Glover (Donavan) Was General Veers. He only appeared in ESB, and a very small role at that. Yeah the army dude does look like Porkins, but Porkins was a chubby guy! REAL CHUBBY! We're talkin' a cow! He was as big as a small country! If it is him, I commend him for dropping a lot of face fat, at least one of us can do it. And yes, Lucasfilm does do a lot of sharing between flicks (Hitler/Admiral Ozzel, Donavan/Veers, Han Solo/Indy), But remember, Harrison was kind of a last resort. Rumor has it that he failed the auditions! Lucas wanted a "fresh face" for Indiana Jones, not someone who could be recognized as another character. So they wanted Tom Selleck, but unfortunately for Lucas and Spielberg, ABC stepped in and exercized their right to own him because of Magnum P.I., So, Harrison Ford was picked to be Indy. I, for one, wouldn't have it any other way.....

He was also Eckhardt in Batman, and apparently in an episode of Young Indy, also.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]