They are all pretty much the same

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Beowulf from FPARK-244-108.usae.bah.com on February 14, 2001 at 11:23:05:

In Reply to: Hold that thought posted by MK on February 14, 2001 at 10:47:11:

Unfortunately, they are all pretty much the same. They are quick, light reading without much depth in either character development or plot development. Each book pretty much follows the same formula: Indy starts out on a quest for some mystical artifact, gets involved in a chase for it with another party also after the item and ends up discovering the artifacts secrets (or some of them) in a very rushed climax to the book. Of course, in a few cases, everyone is left with no memory of the secrets... There just isn't enough meat to them and they were written before the YIJC series (at least the early MacGregor ones were), so many things contradict facts established in the series.

: I have only read one of the novels written by Rob MacGregor, but I thought it was not very good. "Indiana Jones and The Interier World" was a Sci-Fi version of "Journey to the Center of the Earth" with our hero wedged in with a crow bar. Did I read the one bad book by MacGregor?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]