Expedition update

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Prescott from A010-0081.LACR.splitrock.net on February 14, 2001 at 17:14:54:

The following is the most recent news from Dave Marshall at Flight suits.

The sample should be done by tomorrow at which time we will scrutinize it and then if all is up to specs will then grade the jacket for the other sizes. Shouldn't be much longer now.
Take care,
Dave

I’ve now had my goatskin raiders for about two months now and here are some thoughts regarding it.
The goatskin is defiantly the way to go for me. It wears like iron and keeps all of the shaping it’s supposed to while forming nicely to my body. For example, when I first opened the box I noticed how blocky the jacket was. The pockets resisted being shaped around me. With two months of wear, the jacket truly looks to be made for me. I’ve also had occasion to notice other leather jackets with pleats and I’ve come to the following conclusion. No one else knows how to make a pleat that keeps its shape and works. They all invariably open up, get folded over and stay that way forever. The pleat on my FS looks as it did when I first put it on and functions the way it’s supposed to. This, I believe, is a tribute to the quality and thickness of the leather as well as its depth and placement. The back of the jacket just looks awesome. The sleeves are also shaping up nicely. In a surprisingly short time, I’ve worn wrists and elbows into the sleeve itself. This slight bunching up in these areas is why it’s so important to have some extra length in the sleeves. For those of you interested in how the chrome tanned goatskin distresses,
Well let me put it this way, if you’re going to do it naturally; it’s going to take a lifetime.
All in all, I’m going to have a very difficult time sending this one back when the new and improved one gets here.

Regards,
Prescott

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: