Actually, Basing episodes 7-9 on Zahn's books would rule! He's a good author, but he uses the word "wince" too much.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Coil, Zahn fan from pm11-22.northlink.com on February 15, 2001 at 01:05:08:

In Reply to: Re: Indy IV and Indy Books posted by Beowulf on February 13, 2001 at 14:04:11:

: I think it would be pretty hard for Ford to play Indy at age 22-30 at this point. Anyway, I don't think those books would translate well as movies anyway. They were decent, but lacked any real "meat" that is definitely something a 4th film in the franchise will need to succeed. The next movie can't just be a "typical" Indy movie. there has to be a good reason to do another movie. There's no way Lucas & Spielberg would do a movie based on someone else's script (with no input from them) which is based on their franchise. That would be like Lucas making Star Wars episodes 7-9 and basing them on Timothy Zahn's trilogy of books. It just ain't gonna happen. Having Harrison Ford play a lesser role is also a sure fire way to kill the franchise. That would be fine if we were talking about a pilot for a new TV series and he were in effect "passing the torch," but for a 4th film in the "trilogy" it needs to be about him first and foremost.

: : Has it occured to anyone to use the series of books written by
: : Rob MacGregor for a movie script?
: : I think that Speilberg and Lucas should look as using one of the books. They were well written and very interesting.
: : I also came up with an idea sometime back that might have some potential. Since Indy is getting up there in age perhaps he should take a lesser role in the new movie. Perhaps all the actions should involve someone like an adopted daughter!
: : I wrote a story about just that back in 1989 and I named the heroine California Jones. Miss California goes on a quest to find The Lost Testaments of the bible, specifically the ones that were discarded at the Council of Nicea in 325 AD.
: : It was an awesome story, but unfortunately the script does not have a chance in hell. Lucasfilm only accepts solicted manuscripts and I have no connnections at the moment. I am a fledgling writing, with only one book to my name.
: : Any comments?
: : Cari Lynn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: