Thanks..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 206.67.74.165 on February 15, 2001 at 09:22:57:

In Reply to: Pictures for ya, Sean.... posted by Austin Powers on February 14, 2001 at 22:17:00:

Very helpful info-great pics-I'm going with the MArk Allen too.

-Indy Sean:

: Okay I took a couple pictures of my new Mark Allen for my site, so I figgered I could post 'em here for ya. I hope this little html trick works. You should be able to click on certain words to see photographic examples.

: And yes, my 10-ft David Morgan is natural tan, which is a good color. I just happen to like this new, darker color better. There are plenty of scenes in the 3 movies where the whip is closer to the "natural" color, and then there are other scenes where it's more like the "dark brown". I'm sure all the movie whips were all natural tan to begin with, but you can see in close-ups how they've been covered with dirt and beaten up until they're darker. This dark brown Mark Allen achieves this look right out of the box. It's dark, but not too dark, and for some reason it just looks more like the real deal. I've heard others complain about the lightness in color of their whips. People claim they'll darken with exposure to the sun and after a lot of use. Seems like a lot of work to me.

: But in the end it's all up to you. I'm not trying you change your mind at all. I'm just stating my opinion. You could ask some more fans what they think. But either way, I'd save yourself the $160 and definitely go with ANY Mark Allen.

: Austin Powers

:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: