woah...just another thought on uswings

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on February 15, 2001 at 16:10:04:

In Reply to: woah...just a thought on uswings posted by Indy Pete on February 14, 2001 at 21:53:33:

Sorry to hear of your experiences with Wings, but I have had exactly the opposite experience with David Hack and company. They've been quick, courteous, and if a mistake made, make it right. The jackets they offer are tough as nails, and though not Flight Suit exact in terms of detail, aren't the price of the FS either, and offer the fan who isn't super detail oriented a very tough jacket, correct to the Temple of Doom jacket, made in an interesting variety of materials and more on the way, and they're more aimed at the fan who wants something that they won't have to sweat bullets about when wearing. Just another opinion. Regards. Michaelson

: Just a thought on your P.S.

: : P.S. If you DO want the "natural" color, try USWings. I've heard their whips are Mark Allens, and they're even cheaper yet.

: first off, USWings REALLY screwed me over just before christmas by "losing" my address, credit card...etc. (i posted about this a while ago) AND i think that some "exaggeration" is goin on at their website.

: first off, it is my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong) that the Indiana Jones bullwhip is an "austrailian" style bullwhip. that's what the guy at mark allen told me (mark allen is a GREAT company, btw) and in measuring an austrailian bullwhip, you DO NOT count the fall or the popper. in AMERICAN bullwhips you DO count the fall in the length. so...when USWings says their 8 foot bullwhip is three hundred dollars, i suspect that they're selling the mark allen SIX FOOT bullwhip that IS ALWAYS three hundred dollars. if you were to include the fall and popper in the length of MA's six footer it comes REALLY close to eight feet. thought this might be good information.

: also, on USWings, they claim to have lee kepler's raider's whip holder. it's "only" $14.95...but $8.00 shipping! direct from lee kepler it's (i THINK) 'bout $20.00 with $4.00 shipping. (i could be wrong on shipping)

: i only post this so that people are informed as to where the real "Deals" are. in short..."deals" don't exist and the only thing that helps companies nowadays is customer service and mark allen (if you talk to them directly) is an absolutely AWESOME company. anyone ordering a bullwhip should HOPE to speak to a man named MARTY..he was VERY cool, informed and nice. thanks to mark allen for making the bullwhip purchase SO MUCH EASIER than that USWings (soon to be a COMPLETE waste of time due to flightsuits) "Hack" company.

: take care,
: Pete

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: