Re: Raiders for Atari on PC??

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MP from sanfrancisco-as02-vt065.ca.compuserve.net on September 17, 1998 at 23:53:04:

In Reply to: Re: Raiders for Atari on PC?? posted by Jeff on September 16, 1998 at 16:07:12:

: : Does anyone know if Raiders of the Lost Ark, the old Atari 2600 game, is available for PC? Has anyone ever seen this??
: :
: : Any help would be appreciated.
: : Dies
: I don't think it is. However, you can download an Atari 2600 emulator and play the actual game. Of course, if you don't own the actual cartridges, you have to delete the ROMs you've downloaded after 24 hours. I'm lucky because I still own a 2600 as well as Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Ha, ha, ha. I always find it funny when I see instructions that it's OK to download them, even if you don't own the cartridge, for 24 hours. There's nothing in copyright law that gives you that option. Heck, even if you own the cartridge, copyright law doesn't allow you to download the program. Granted it really doesn't matter if you use it or not since there doesn't seem to be any financial incentive for copyright owners to stop people from doing this since the game is so old, but technically speaking it's copyright infringement.

Now you may ask if I have the cartidge and system. Yes, I do. Do I have the emulator and cartridge image (ROM)? Yes. Would I have downloaded the emulator and ROM regardless of whether I had the cartridge and atari system? Yes. Does anyone care? Not that I've noticed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]