Re: Would you be here given Tom Selleck, and who in the past (30s to 70s) could've done Indy? How about Fess Parker?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michlaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on September 18, 1998 at 09:54:58:

In Reply to: Re: Would you be here given Tom Selleck, and who in the past (30s to 70s) could've done Indy? How about Fess Parker? posted by The White Rider on September 17, 1998 at 16:37:34:

: : Highdely-ho, Indy fans. Thing #1) Would you be here praising Tom Selleck were he Indy instead of Ford (rules!!!)? And Thing #2) If the Indy concept were brought to light some-odd decades ago, who could've made it possible? A sore thumb for a forties-fifties Indy would be John Wayne maybe. Who'd have directed him/the other Indy?

: What about Fess Parker?

I'm sorry, but I don't think I could have watched him without humming the Davy Crockett theme under my breath. I've seen him in many other type characters, and it's just Davy Crockett playing other parts. He was type cast, and would have had the same problem as Selleck would have suffered, because we all thought of Selleck as Magnum. Still to, as a matter of fact. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]