Re: Which is better? Everyone's opinion wanted.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Heltsley from adsl-64-163-29-60.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net on February 17, 2001 at 11:00:38:

In Reply to: Which is better? Everyone's opinion wanted. posted by Indiana Eastwood on February 17, 2001 at 01:18:13:

: Which is better? Indy with a full screen...or widescreen. I have been watching the full screens my whole life. I bought the trilogy on normal a year ago, but should I buy widescreen too? Is it worth it? Thanks.

The best example I've ever seen of Widescreen vs. Standard is the beginning of "Star Wars", where Luke and Ben walk into the hangar, and the camera pans back to see the first shot of the Millenium Falcon.

In Standard, the Falcon is barely shown; Vertically, you see the ramp (where Han is) up to the top of the ship. Horizontally, it goes for a little bit, but is cut off.

In the Widescreen, you see the ENTIRE ship. From the "two-pronged" front, to the engines, and everything in-between.

If you have the chance to look at this scene on both formats, you'll see the difference. I now buy Widescreen whenever it's available. If you're purchasing DVDs, a lot of companies will put both formats on the same disc.

- John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]