Re: Ok show of hands on the best jacket?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on February 18, 2001 at 13:13:19:

In Reply to: Re: Ok show of hands on the best jacket? posted by Flash Fearless on February 18, 2001 at 13:00:17:

: When you say "best Jacket", do you mean most accurate to the original? Or does that include construction , leather quality , guarantee on stitching and customer service behind the jacket. Is their anyone out there (Patterson or Michealson maybe) who has owned all the major copies and Wested's who can give an objective opinion on this. I think if one jacket satisfied all these requirements people would not still be in search of another. Or perhaps it's like the search for the proverbial Holy Grail. And since the jury is still out on the Expedition maybe the answer will have to wait. Flash.

Sorry to be so wishy washy, but I personally cannot say one is better than the other. It entirely depends on your mood, the way you wear you jackets (and I'm meaning are you an outdoorsman, or live your entire existence on the streets of, say, New York City?) as to which one your should wear. For just plain toughness, you can't beat the Wings versions with a stick. They're just made tough as nails, and take a beating and come back for more. My Wested, on the other hand, is worn to work and is the more dressy of the three, but I keep in mind just how difficult it is to replace one, so I do not wear it in situations where there's a good chance of it getting damaged. My FS, on the other hand, is the middle range jacket that falls just between the two in terms of the "where" it's worn, and the tailoring and craftmanship is par none. I wear it in the same type situations as my Wested, but also in situations more casual than work, and with the knowledge that should something happen to it, I'm in a good place to have it repaired as it was made here in the States. Of the three, for my way of life, the Wings versions serve the best over all, but the other two follow in very close succession. Like I said, though, that's just for me and MY way of life. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer. The three serve in different capacities for me, and all three are enjoyed equally. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]