An answer to both questions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-154.col.cableone.net on February 18, 2001 at 19:50:15:

In Reply to: Is that wool felt, as could be deduced by the price? Otherwise it sounds great. (nm) posted by Curious on February 18, 2001 at 15:42:59:

: : : Ron has put up a new link for further information and pre-ordering at his website, and can be seen at the link below. Regards. Michaelson

: : Got an e-mail from Mr. Lilburne yesterday with the following info. The new hat comes with a straight sided open crown, 5 1/2 to 6 inches tall depending upon the hat size. The brim will be a snap brim, 2 7/8 inches, no dimensional cut. The color is mid brown, with a darker 39 mm. ribbon, bow on the left. The hat comes with a sheepskin sweatband, and is lined. The snap brim will be a traditional design, not the atomic flange like the Miller. No modifications to the brim or open crown, that will be left up to the consumer. The current price in US dollars is 51.00. Regards, Fedora

Sheepskin is leather. In fact the finest sweatbands are made of this stuff. The felt is rabbit or hare, can't recall. I own a Campdraft, and the felt is as good as I have seen, and doesn't shrink like most of the felt hats we enjoy. In fact, mine has been wet and dried many times, and it only looks better. No ripples, and the crown has never shrunk. This line of hats were made for the harsh conditions inherit in parts of Australia, and it is the toughest hat that I own. At 51.00, it is the bargain of the century. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]