Re: Question for Fedora or other hat expert?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.26.220 on February 18, 2001 at 20:50:48:

In Reply to: Question for Fedora or other hat expert? posted by Indy Sean on February 18, 2001 at 17:32:17:

: Hi,

: by sheepskin do you mean leather? It's not a wool sweatband is it?!

: Also, what's an atomic flange? I've heard that term before but didn't know what it meant...

: thanks,

: Indy Sean

: : : Ron has put up a new link for further information and pre-ordering at his website, and can be seen at the link below. Regards. Michaelson

: : Got an e-mail from Mr. Lilburne yesterday with the following info. The new hat comes with a straight sided open crown, 5 1/2 to 6 inches tall depending upon the hat size. The brim will be a snap brim, 2 7/8 inches, no dimensional cut. The color is mid brown, with a darker 39 mm. ribbon, bow on the left. The hat comes with a sheepskin sweatband, and is lined. The snap brim will be a traditional design, not the atomic flange like the Miller. No modifications to the brim or open crown, that will be left up to the consumer. The current price in US dollars is 51.00. Regards, Fedora

Hardly a hat expert, just an opinionated hat lover. The atomic flange is a term coined by Miller hats to describe the peculiar brim on the Miller Indy that they sell. The brim is an exaggerated snap brim that resembles a cup. Ugly as hell in my opinion, and something that I attacked with my steam iron pronto. I can live with a regular snap brim, because I always steam the back out somewhat to get rid of the curl. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]