Re: The Nazi's, the Ark and the Grail

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~The Raider~ from ppp-ip225-s14.inetnorth.net on September 19, 1998 at 09:24:21:

In Reply to: Re: The Nazi's, the Ark and the Grail posted by INDIANA GJR on September 18, 1998 at 23:09:47:

:
: : In a number of books it is suggested that the plot for the Indy films with the Nazi's and their search for the Grail and the Ark was based on fact. Supposedly there was a special branch of the SS who were after these things. Does anyone have more information on this?

: I do know that Hitler , as stated in Raiders, was infact a fanatic on such things as obtaining things to have held such power as the ark and the grail. Everyone knows that Hitler was a power freak and if anyone would like to research this info, i guarantee they would find how obssesed Hitler was.Take care,
: G.J.R.

From what I understand, Hitler wanted religous artifacts to make people believe he was the next messiah. I saw an A&E special on archeology, and there are stock shots that, if coloured, would be indistinguishable from the excavation in "Raiders". I don't know if he actually persued the Ark and the Grail, but I wouldn't doubt it if he had considered.

~The Raider

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]