Expedition Jacket in Hand...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on February 21, 2001 at 15:38:24:

I have the final prototype in hand. Looks very good – didn’t I say that about another prototype? Oh, well – not going there.

I’ve located a 40 Regular walking around the office, but not the digital camera - I’ll line one up later, though. Based on my diagrams I have here, as well as the most recent data received on the original I examined, it looks like a winner. They have made all the revisions requested, by all appearances, and now it’s just a matter of sitting down with the tape measurer again and throwing Raiders in the VCR tonight.

For Austin Powers? Raising the pleat (it looks a hair over ¾ inch above the sleeve seam) really made a big difference. I believe I can get to your 3-inch number on the narrowest portion of the shoulder piece – using 2 arguments. See if you follow me:

This prototype sits right at 3 3/8. If I apply how I order a jacket from Peter, i.e. “I’ll take a 48 Regular, +1/2 inch in length, -1 inch shoulder to shoulder…” and say maybe Ford might take a 40 Regular, +1/2 inch shoulder to shoulder – I’M DEAD-ON!

Just to confirm? I’ve looked at the bar fight scene, because it is the cleanest shot I can get without the jacket riding really high on his shoulders. I called in my last marker with my associate with the digital imaging software and asked him to come up with a measurement of that narrowest portion of this particular panel. He says it comes in at 3.2356 inches, or about 3 ¼. He used as a baseline the width of the side straps at 1 inch. By the way – this guy and the group he works with now really think I’m some kind of freak. I’m beginning to agree. Anyway, based on this measurement, the shoulder-to-shoulder measurement would only need to be increased by about ¼ inch. I AM NOT GOING TO GET INTO A PISSING MATCH OVER ¼ INCH IN SHOULDER TO SHOULDER MEASUREMENTS!

Not shouting – just making a point.

Again, I’ll be going over the jacket tonight once I get the kids tucked in.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: