Re: PB Fedora - Dimensions/Specs to Order ?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-80.col.cableone.net on February 21, 2001 at 18:22:32:

In Reply to: Re: PB Fedora - Dimensions/Specs to Order ? posted by Sam Cox on February 21, 2001 at 02:30:28:

: : Hi Guys,

: : Have read the past topics about the PB fedora with great interest and have decided to go ahead and order one.

: : Can owners give me some idea as to what dimensions/specs to order from Joe, I am after the Raiders look, like the picture of Indy about to take the Gold Idol off the pedestal. I am 6ft tall with a hat size of 7 1/4 (same as Mr. Ford I believe.

: : What brim/crown height and ribbon color is "good to go" for?

: : Thanks in Advance for any input,

: : Regards,

: : Philby

: : PS: I ask this with Interest as I live in Australia and I want to try and get the order right first time as returning it for adjustment/replacement will be expensive.
: Hello
: I own a PB and live in Melbourne.
: I wear one size up fro you in hats.The best cross referance for the dimensions are at www.indygear.com(in the fedora section)
: Joe Jnr does a fantastic raiders model hat,be warned this is quite tall especially if you are used to Akubra fedoras such as the Bogart.
: I ordered a height of 5 and 7/8 and specified the dimensional brim.
: Also ask Joe Jnr to declare its value under $100.US and you may avoid any extras from the import duty.
: Sam Cox
: alden405@hotmail.com
: p.s nice to know that there is another indy fan down under

I am also 6 ft,and wear a 7 1/4. I have purchased two hats from Joe, learning from my first purchase. I wanted the look of the pic you provided, and this last one is really good. This is what I would order. Open crown height 5 7/8. Specify a least twice that you don't want any taper at all. And then specify again. Height of front pinch 4 3/4 inches. Height at sides of hat 5 3/8. (after top is creased) Brim cut 2 3/4 x 2 5/8. Go with a black ribbon, and have Joe use the narrower brown sweatband instead of the wider tan one. You will be pleased with this configuration, I promise. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]