Q & A response

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg from 46-050-rad.cspp.edu on February 21, 2001 at 19:18:54:

In Reply to: Tapered crown? posted by Fedora on February 21, 2001 at 18:08:50:

Are you saying that the PB fedora has a tapered crown? ----- Looks that way in the pictures I've seen so far.
looked identical in shape to the streets of Cairo hat.------ Cool, the hat looks great during that fight; very dramatic slope to the brim.
I have yet to see any fedora from any hatter that replicated this look, except of course PB. To my eye, the PB fedora looks more like the Raiders fedora than anything else I have seen.------ If I had a scanner (and the computer savvy to accomplish it) for the pictures of my HJ I'm sure I'd restore your faith.
I do agree that the contrast between the ribbon and hat is off, but the color of the hat is very good.---- Looks too light; once in the sunlight or other direct light I think it'd bleach out too much.
The ribbon isn't dark enough.------ I have to disagree; to me, the contrast is thrown off by the lightness of the felt. While I don't know what color most of the PBs have, a darker (esp black) ribbon would be too much. Just like the HJ shown at IndyGear. Black looks nice, but not "the look" in my opinion.
I think that on my next one, I will specify the black.----- whatever makes you happy. It's now YOUR hat, not Indy's.
I am not taking anything away from the HJ, but the ones I have viewed on some websites certainly don't capture the Raiders look, except one that was featured on the Indy Diggs site. It was real close in color to my PBs, and had an accurate shape. --------No offense taken, nor given.
Was this one of yours? ------- No, but I'll have to go see it again.
Do you have any of your pics posted anywhere?
Thanks
Gregg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: