My PB has NO taper to the crown (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-tn082.proxy.aol.com on February 21, 2001 at 23:25:30:

In Reply to: Originally I went for quality/authenticity posted by Gregg on February 21, 2001 at 15:38:10:

: I chose HJ b/c of their reputation for making hats, as well as the authenticity. For accuracy of fedora, it's a crapshoot from what I've heard. Maybe I was lucky receiving the Raiders (took some steaming/shaping, of course). With Peters Bros., there seems to be less variability, but they still fall short of accuracy of shape. At least HJ has a non-tapered hatblock. HJ colors vary, but the shape doesn't. I haven't seen a sample pic posted here or at petersbros.com yet, that has shown the right shape. In my opinion---(take it easy everybody)the brown is a little too light and/or the ribbon too dark. The contrast is off. This is could be partly attributed to the specific photo/appearance that fans are requesting their hats to be made to look like. "Joe, here's a freeze-frame from the temple scene, get it just like that." As has frequently been pointed out, lighting affects how we see the colors.
: I'd go with the HJ hat again for the shape of the crown alone. That, to me is the most important aspect of my fedora's appearance.
: Hope that insight helps.
: Gregg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: