Ha! Spielberg is about to produce a remake of "The Time Machine"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0039.cvx19-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on February 22, 2001 at 05:56:52:

In Reply to: Ford, Lucas and Spielberg are p*ssing me off!!!!!! posted by Ken on February 22, 2001 at 04:36:36:

Luckily, Spielberg won't direct it (The great grandson of H.G.Wells, Simon Wells will do that). Maybe Steven could borrow that time machine, jump in, go back in time, and kick himself in the ass - or make another Indy movie? ;)
FG
PS: Did I mention that Samantha Mumba is rumored to be in that movie?

: We were told a while ago that the writer of Indy 4 would be chosen by January. It's now almost the end of February and we have heard NOTHING. First of all, we had to listen to this M. Night shit for the last 7 months only to find out that he doesn't want to do it now. Don't u think that the main 3 should have had a back up to write this damn script? Now they r scurrying up to find a writer at the last minute. Personally, I don't think any writer wants to tackle this project because of the pressure involved. 2 weeks ago we found out that Stephen Gaghan from Traffic was approached, but obviously didn't want the job. What I want to know is that whoever they get to write the script, if any, will this person be working off an existing script or starting from scratch. That's what Indy fans need to know. Because I can tell u right now, if they r trying to get someone to write it from scratch, there won't be an Indy 4. Second, the writers strike is just around the corner. So what in the hell are Lucas, Ford and Spielberg waiting for? This film must lense for spring of 2002 or this film won't happen. Ford will be a year older and Lucas will be knee deep into Episode 3. And just think, these 3 principles dragged this damn thing out for 7 years and most likely we will end up without an Indy 4. If they were really ambitous about this project they would have had this script taken care awhile ago. I think the fate of Indy 4 will be decided when Spielberg promotes A.I. in June. Then we will find out the big question: Mr. Spielberg...Can Indy fans expect Indy 4 in the next couple of years? Spielberg: "I am sorry to say that Harrison, George and myself couldn't agree on a script for the last seven years, so we must let the Last Crusade be the Last Crusade." Gee, thanx Steven.
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]