Don't blame Lucas for what Ford and Spielberg are also doing

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JuggleEwok from spider-wi081.proxy.aol.com on February 22, 2001 at 14:10:39:

In Reply to: Don't blame Ford and Spielberg for what Lucas has not done! posted by German Mechanic on February 22, 2001 at 11:28:27:

: To me Ford and Spielberg seem enthusiastic about Indy 4. It's Lucas who is pushing Indy aside for Star Wars. Face it, he doesn't give a shit about Indy, as long as Star Wars keeps pulling in money for the greedy a** hole. Just look at Lucas Arts. How many Indy games have they made? 3 or 4. How many Star Wars games have they made? 20(go to their web cite and count, I did). Also, he's been saying he "wants to make another Indy movie" for almost a decade. If he really wanted to make one, he would have made it before this Star Wars' eppisodes 1-3. Also, who re-released Star Wars on the big screen, and neglected to re-release Indy? Down with Lucas! I think Ford and Spielberg should join together, and strip Lucas of any rights he has to the Indy movies.

Okay, so Lucas says he wants to make another Indy movie but doesn't. But then, Spielberg says he wants to make another Indy movie and continually takes on other projects. Ford says he wants to make another Indy movie and is always taking on other projects. All three are doing the same thing, how is this Lucas's fault? All three also seem equally enthusiastic about another Indy. The reason Star Wars gets all this treatment is that it is Lucas' thing, and only Lucas' thing, and if he wants to do something with it, he's the only one needed to make the decision. Indy is Lucas' and Spielberg's thing, and they are both responsible for whatever happens and both involved in the decision process, as Ford also appears to be. And that's the problem with committee...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]