Re: 2000 or 2001. I answer that question.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Johnny from shiva3-n218-ip156-toronto.ica.net on January 01, 1998 at 17:41:43:

In Reply to: 2000 or 2001. I answer that question. posted by Phoenix on January 01, 1998 at 14:50:06:

: So after a few calculations I've decided on this.

: If shooting does take place this Spring for Indy IV then it should be done by fall of 00 and probably come out either Spring of 2001 or winter of 00. Now I know all of you probably figured this out but I'm slow and if there are any other slow people out there this might help them. How do I figure?

: 2 years of shooting for any action movie (unless they insert animation which'll take 4 instead of 2) then you have commercial and industry and advertising. And now because my friend pointed out a small mistake of mine I'll shut up now.

: Phoenix

2 years of shooting... I don't think so! The average film spends serval months of shooting tops! The Star Wars films took 3 years to complete... but they only spent about half a year or so to shoot. A year before for pre-production (set designs, costumes, script, ect) and a year and a half after for post production (sound effects, visual effects, editing, music, adverstising, etc)

Another example, the next Star Trek film starts shooting in March, and is being released this winter.

Second I don't think Indy would ever be released in the winter or spring. Memorial Days seems to be the way of Lucasfilm. I think that should remain.

If Indy IV by any chance would start filming this spring... (yeah right...) I think the probably release date would be May 2000. (Memorial Day)

-Johnny-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]