Re: The Nazi's, the Ark and the Grail

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Major Paul from 204.208.30.165 on September 20, 1998 at 21:13:51:

In Reply to: Re: The Nazi's, the Ark and the Grail posted by ~The Raider~ on September 19, 1998 at 09:24:21:

:
: :
: : : In a number of books it is suggested that the plot for the Indy films with the Nazi's and their search for the Grail and the Ark was based on fact. Supposedly there was a special branch of the SS who were after these things. Does anyone have more information on this?

: : I do know that Hitler , as stated in Raiders, was infact a fanatic on such things as obtaining things to have held such power as the ark and the grail. Everyone knows that Hitler was a power freak and if anyone would like to research this info, i guarantee they would find how obssesed Hitler was.Take care,
: : G.J.R.

: From what I understand, Hitler wanted religous artifacts to make people believe he was the next messiah. I saw an A&E special on archeology, and there are stock shots that, if coloured, would be indistinguishable from the excavation in "Raiders". I don't know if he actually persued the Ark and the Grail, but I wouldn't doubt it if he had considered.

: ~The Raider

: There was a lot of interest in Hitler's regime for those items that contained potential occult powers. According to one of those A&E historical shows, Heinrich Himmler led a special committee of the Schutzstaffel (SS) in the search for and investigation of these objects/symbols. The interest was all generated by their belief in Aryanism, that they were descendants of a beautiful, warrior clan which embodied the highest virtues and physical characteristics of any people on the planet. Their interest apparently began with rune markings. This was required teaching to members of the Hitler Youth. Indeed, the "SS" collar device is really an example of rune markings. The Nazi swastika symbol was another "religious" symbol borrowed by the Reich. Their symbol was actually a slight alteration of a Buddhist symbol.

As far as the grail is concerned, there was an interesting story related to that. Apparently one German archaelogist believed the location of the Grail was near an Austrian mountain. The SS funded the site exploration/excavation but with no results. The archaeologist disappeared, presumably the end result of failing to live up to his claim. -MP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]