FG...read this one, friend.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from 168.9.41.100 on February 27, 2001 at 14:20:53:

In Reply to: Did I say glue? I meant milk! ;) :p (nim) posted by Fall Guy on February 27, 2001 at 14:07:19:

: With the lack of horses these days, couldn't there be just a bit cow in the glue? :p
: Many make it sound as if lambskin was very delicate, not to say flimsy. Lambskin actually compares favorably with cowhide, if you consider how thin lambskin is and how much it can stretch without tearing.
: FG
: PS: "wear the jacket 'out' or to the office"? Have any of you EVER used public transportation in a big city? That's the toughest test on any piece of clothing. ;)
: :

LOL....yeah...I'm sure there COULD be, but all my glue sniffing students might get that Mad Cow disease or something;-)

Didn't mean to make it sound like the lambskin was flimsy...just that it is considered by most to be more of a "dress" leather as opposed to a "working" leather. And if he was going to be doing any kind of "work" in it (fighting bad guys, riding horses, being drug behind large trucks, you know...) that he might be better off with the cow.
Not living in a "big city" and only making the occasional trip to Atlanta-though I have had my share of midnight rides on MARTA-I just categorize the lamb as a "nice" jacket...not a "casual" one. Just me, though...
Later... oh, FG, by the way....I am trying this lighter project and am having a helluva time with that darn cloverleaf! Any suggestions? Are you SURE you won't do any special work on one? I have it all finished except the cloverleaf and the final layer of epoxy!!! I'd be willing to pay;-)
Indydawg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]