Why did you jump?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0557.cvx21-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on February 27, 2001 at 16:42:42:

In Reply to: My first adventure posted by New Jersey Jones on February 27, 2001 at 15:51:58:

Don't get me wrong here, but I kow that I would hold on for dear life! That horse must get tired eventually, right? Then again, my horsemanship is non-existent... ;)
FG

: I would just like to testify to the toughness of my US Wings Goat Indy jacket, sitting here still sore and a little shaken. I was riding my friends 6 year old mare thoroughbred. The last stretch of our ride is a 1/2 mile dirt road. I got hear up to a gallop as usual but for some reason this time she didn't stop at the house. She keep right on going. I couldn't stop her to save my life. I spotted a field down the road and aimed her for it. Then at 37.5 MPH (I had my GPS in my pocket) I dove off (I forgot to wear my helmet today). I got dragged about 30 feet before getting my foot out of the stirrup, then rolled for another 40 feet or so. Fortunately I didn't break anything. After getting back home and looking at the jacket I was amazed that there where no scratches or tears. It has just dirty. I had the jacket for two months and love it. I'm not sure if it ever will have that roughed up look.

: Dave.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]