Re-read my post (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on February 27, 2001 at 16:43:03:

In Reply to: MK, I was just wondering if you were planning on distressing your FS jacket like you distressed your Wested?(nm) posted by Ravenwood on February 27, 2001 at 12:48:18:

: : I will post observations from time to time, until you guys are bored with it. If you get sick of hearing about it let me know.

: : The passion has not faded. I have been wearing this jacket non-stop for days now. It really holds up well in the shower(kidding). It looks like the movie jacket. The FS lambskin makes a HHUUGGGE difference. You can see how wonderfully it drapes, but I doubt you can see just how good it is just from the pics I posted or from the samples. I thought maybe Dave pulled some prime stashed leather from a secret hidding place for me, but he told me this is their standard lamb. It MAKES the jacket. I can't wait to see what it is going to look like once it is broken in. It is so good, I have decided to keep this jacket. I still like the color of the dyes used on the chrome goat better. Both Wested and FS use lamb that has a reddish undertone. I prefer a yellow undertone. That way you get beige highlights instead of mauve. Never the less, it looks marvelous. Here is good indicater of how much I like this jacket: I am having a hard time bringing myself to age it! I know, you have heard me say so much about aging, but it is so sweet the way it is. I probably will at least take the shine down when I get up the nerve. Maybe hit the seems and edges just a little. Well see.

: : Thanks to some sharp eyes and comments from you guys, I creased the collar. Looks smashing. I descovered that the pleat device is not too loose. It's missing. Dave said next time I come they will fix that and the sleeves while I wait. You gotta love these guys. :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]