Re: Real archaeologists writing reports.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curious from 1Cust227.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on February 27, 2001 at 20:51:46:

In Reply to: Real archaeologists drive Toyotas posted by archaeologist on February 27, 2001 at 20:09:15:

Yes, those scenes are stored with the cut scenes of all those movie and TV cops who are put on desk duty after a shooting incident instead of chasing after more bad guys without writing tons of reports. Cop shows are about as real life as Indy movies are to archaeology. But DAMN, aren't they fun?

: I think he'd drive an old Land Cruiser (back when they were jeeps, not a luxury vehicle) or a 4x4 pickup -- I'm an archaeologist, and drive a Toyota 4x4 here in the states (room for shovels, etc) and a Land Cruiser in Central America, and that seems pretty common among my fellow archaeologists -- That said, it's always best to borrow a vehicle -- you can't be abandoning your own vehicle everytime you get chased (which, I admit, is rare).

: Then again, maybe a real archaeologist is the last person you should ask. By the way, can anybody tell me where the lost scenes of Indy writing a report can be found? --

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]