LOL! I'm flashing back to those suspicious eyes watching me...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on February 28, 2001 at 11:06:11:

In Reply to: I thought you weren't allowed to touch the original, just wondering....(NM) posted by DeWayne on February 28, 2001 at 08:01:13:

: : : It is my opinion(everyone is entitled to theirs, even those of you who feel the FS jacket is an authentic replication)that the FS jacket, while nice, is not the most authentic on the market. Primarily the side straps look nothing like the jacket from Raiders of the Lost Ark and is quite simply not the look I'm going for. I really do like the Wested Raiders jacket in new lambskin with the satin lining because it is the jacket that was featured in Raiders. I have had one before and I'm fixing to buy my second. I really like wearing it and while a little puzzled by Peter Botwright sometimes, I am overall a very satisfied customer. The long waiting period scorned by some makes the jacket that much more appreciated when it arrives at my doorstep. If it is the Flightsuits jacket that you seek, so be it. However, I will not be purchasing one for the stated reasons. Thank you for taking the time to read my opinion.

: : And thank you for taking the time to write it.

: : But one point? The side straps are the very part even Peter has admitted are no longer as they were on the original jacket. He is even planning on making the change to the same configuration as the FS jacket - which I provided him last August, and which he passed on at the time. I like my Wested, don't get me wrong. But I've owned a few and have held a documented original Raiders jacket in my hands next to a Wested. The side straps you see on the FS are what was on that original, and what can be pulled off the video tapes on even a 13 inch monitor - away from the pocket opening and raised towards the center of the opening.

: : Ah, well - no hard feelings? Enjoy the Westeds and say hi to Peter for me.

: : Cheers!

: : Patterson

It really was kinda funny. They were not sure what to make of the whole thing. I did hold the jacket - while it was in it's clear plastic garment bag. It was stiffer than a PB fedora, and I'd be fibbing if I said there was not a flash in my mind that said "run"! Once it was removed it was strictly "no-touchy!" The condition of the leather was really a shame - do not store leather in plastic!

Good times!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: