An important Indy figure question. I need all of your HELP!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-tf021.proxy.aol.com on February 28, 2001 at 15:21:30:

I'm going to sculpt a reproduction of Kenner's 3 3/4" Indy as a 12" figure, and I would like everyone's input. I'm torn between accuracy and nostalgia on this one. Should I reporduce the figure exactly, or should I make revisions to the design in the interest of accuracy? Here are my ponderings so far:

1)Same head sculpt or something more closely resembling Ford?
2)Additional articulation?
3)Removable hat, or no? Should the hat have a darker ribbon or the should the whole thing be the same color?
4)Should I change the color of the pants?
5)The jacket on this figure has the sidestraps as one continuous strap that runs all the way across the rear panel. Change?
6)This Indy had no bag. The strap would have to be sculpted as with Disney's. Should I include the bag and strap?
7)I REALLY don't want to retain the open faced holster and whip "hook". The "hook", holster and gunbelt are also black, which they should not be.
8)Should I make the original black whip with the odd 'cone' handle or a realistic whip?

As I said I'm torn between nostalgia and accuracy. Should it be a faithful 'anniversary' figure or an accurate figure? I will be casting and selling these eventually, so your comments are greatly needed! Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Shawnkara

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: