Re: Big quake in Seattle; guess Elsa crossed the line... (nim)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from c534436-a.potlnd1.or.home.com on February 28, 2001 at 15:29:48:

In Reply to: Big quake in Seattle; guess Elsa crossed the line... (nim) posted by Inby on February 28, 2001 at 15:08:07:

Yeah, man, I am down here in Beaverton, Oregon, just outside of Portland.....and I had some friends over, and when the house started to shake, I kind of had the same train of thought.....then I bolted into the living room (I was in the kitchen), snatched up the baby, and said "Everyone outside, now!" and ran out the door. There was five of us in all, and they all came out, figuring I was nuts, as they thought it was a big truck goin by on the main road behind the house.....until we were all out, and the neighbors were coming out as well, and there was still a bit of shaking...then they realized what had just happened, though it was calming down about then.
We eventually came back in, and turned on the news...I have seen some footage from up there as to some damage, and a fire on top of a building.
So far, they are saying it was a 7.0....wow...

Any other Indyfans in the area get this?

Some fun, yeah?

Indiana Jimmie

: Sorry, nothing like a little black humor when one has been shook up.
: When the building began shaking, believe it or not, my first thought wasn't "what would Indy do?"
: It was down there around thought #247 or so, after "SHEEEEEET!"
: cheerio!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: